Parent Advisory Board Meeting ~ 6:30 p.m. @ CMP
No School (MLK Jr. Holiday)
100th Day of School!
(Wear your PJ’s to school)
Camp Countryside 2017 Info/Registration begins
Letters of Intent for
2017-18 School Year
Important Calendar Note: Classes return from Spring Break on April 18th.
(school calendar is incorrect, it says 4/16/17)
Then ask yourself the following questions without judgement…..
-What were my best parenting moments in 2016?
-What were my worst parenting moments in 2016?
-And what did I learn? What moments or actions do I want to let go of or repeat?
-How does my lifestyle support this (ex: am I present, am I in a hurry)?
The Ultimate Questions: What kind of parent do I want to be in 2017? And what do I need to do in my life to support this?
In the New Year many people desire to create goals. We, too, as teachers at CMP have goals for your child…..
• To awaken the child’s learning capacity and imagination
• To encourage his normal desire for independence and high sense of self-esteem
• To help him develop the kindness, courtesy and self-discipline that will allow him to become a full member of society
• To help the child learn how to observe, question, and explore ideas independently
At CMP the teachers closely monitor each student’s progress, keeping the challenge level high. Working with children over two or three years, the teacher gets to know each student’s family, interests, and strengths well. It is truly a partnership between parent and teacher when it comes to your child’s learning.
4k/5k Registration for 2017-18
Walking slowly and wearing weather appropriate boots. Please hang on to your children and watch them carefully as you exit our school since it is getting darker earlier and little ones are not easily seen from vehicles entering or backing out. Always make sure that your child does not run out of the building unescorted. Leave early during inclement weather to arrive safe and timely for pick up. Let’s work together to keep our children safe!
Besides your fabulous children, famous people who were Montessori educated
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Founders of Google.com
- Jeff Bezos, financial analyst, Founder, Amazon.com
- Alexander Graham Bell
- Thomas Edison
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel Prize winner for Literature
- Katherine Graham , Owner/editor of the Washington Post
- Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis, Editor, former first lady
- Sean ‘P.Diddy’ (formerly known as Puffy) Combs, rap artist
- Anne Frank, famous diarist from world war II
- Prince William and Prince Harry, English royal family
- T. Berry Brazelton, noted pediatrician and author
- Julia Child, famous chef
- Elizabeth Berridge, actress
- Kami Cotler, actress
- Melissa and Sarah Gilbert, actors
- Helen Hunt, actress
- David Blaine, street magician
- George Clooney, actor